|Flyer for Downing Srreet demonstration on 23rd June|
The latest on the movement to reform UK-US extradition, from what I can see, is that social momentum is still being built in preparation for the Downing Street Demonstration this Saturday (23rd).Extradition was originally intended for use against fugitives, however its become perverted, if not inverted due to extremely bad law rushed through in the immediate post 9/11 period by a Prime Minister shamefully subservient to the USA to the point of destroying the lives of his own people.
|Postcard of the FreeTalha Campaign|
- Imagine that its you or someone you love a great deal.
- Express of solidarity with families and detainees who are going through a really testing time. FreeTalha FreeBabarAhmad Richard O'Dwyr's Mum's Blog FreeGary
- Carry this situation into conversations in households, chickenshops, masjids and workplaces.This is where most commonsense is made. Jumma is a day when we come together to one spot to worship and meet.
- Attend the first London screening tonight @ 7pm Zakat House. For details on other screenings click HERE
- Write letters expressing depth of feeling and reasoning to elected officials. Demand actions, more than words.Writetothem. Encourage them to sign EDM128.
- Demonstrate this Saturday at Downing Street from 1pm - British Justice for British Citizens
With the sharp deterioration of protection of elementary civil rights in the US, no one should be extradited to the country on charges related to alleged terrorism. The constitutional lawyer in the White House, after all, has just made it clear that the due process provisions of the US Constitution (and Magna Carta) can be satisfied by an internal discussion in the executive branch. And that is hardly the only example. Furthermore, the prisons and the incarceration system in general are an international scandal. The shallow and evasive charges in this case strongly reinforce that conclusion. I wish you the best success in your campaign to block extradition for Talha Ahsan.