Saturday 19 March 2011

New Study Shows Most Americans Are Unhappy… | Bit Rebels

New Study Shows Most Americans Are Unhappy [Infographic]

03/19/2011 - 10:00 am By Diana Adams

United States of Unhappy People

This is sad to me. Actually, I think it’s the definition of sad. I live in America, and I’m happy. Do you live here? Are you happy? I guess when I ponder this question more, I realize that most people I know dislike their job, they have an unbalanced life, some of their relationships are in disarray, and they need a vacation. So, perhaps that contributes to the unhappiness found in this recent study.

The last time Gallup did a satisfaction survey in the States, it was 2008. Back then, people were unhappy. However, when they did the same survey in 2011, they found that the unhappiness reached an all time low.

Only 77% of people are satisfied with their overall quality of life. Of course, we have to consider the parameters of the study. Only 1,018 people were questioned for this survey, and it was a telephone survey. If you are like me, you are annoyed when someone calls to survey you on the phone, which in my opinion, could have skewed the answers. How can 1,018 people possibly be a representation of the whole country? According to Gallup, it is with only a +/- 4% error. Since they are experts in their field, I suppose we’ll just have to take their word for it.

This infographic below created by GOOD and Column Five Media details the information in an easy to read format. If you are an unhappy person, here are a few articles which might cheer you up: 10 Reasons to Smile, Happiness is a Choice, The 5 Characteristics of a Happy Person, Add Some Sunshine to Your Life Today!

Click Here For The Enlarged Image

Americans Are Unhappy and Dissatisfied

More Articles By Diana Adams | Articles: 1225

Author Avatar Image Representation

Author: Diana Adams

By day, Diana is a mac geek and the CEO/owner of Adams Consulting Group, Inc. in Atlanta, Georgia (part of the Apple certified consultants network). By night, she lives and breathes by writing. “I could write all night every night and not get tired of it. I think that is when you know you’ve tapped into a true passion." Diana also spends time assisting homeless men and women. She loves extra hot chicken wings, coffee, Star Wars and anything made out of Lego. You can find her on Twitter at @adamsconsulting or on email at diana@bitrebels.com.

Flickr - projectbrainsaver

www.flickr.com
projectbrainsaver's A Point of View photoset projectbrainsaver's A Point of View photoset