Thursday 13 January 2011

Danny Lacey Film Blog: DEAR DIARY

DEAR DIARY

THURSDAY 13TH JANUARY 2011 - EDIT ON THE WAY
5.13pm
It's in the post. Literally. My film and all of its elements are on three DVDs and now boxed up and on their way to me as I type. It's the final edit from Mark Talbot-Butler (editor). He leaves for LA in a week and so will not be available to work on the film. He's sending me a whole bunch of files from his Avid. If I want to make any changes, last minute tweaks, I'm going to have to import into Final Cut Pro. I'm hoping this will be a smooth operation (knowing full well it won't be). Excited to see his latest edit.

TUESDAY 11TH JANUARY 2011 - LOCATION RECCE
5.47pm
I think I've found my warehouse location for my sci-fi project 'Shadow'. Great location in Farsley, West Yorkshire. Just need to settle on dates and get all the crew and equipment together. hope to have some news for you in the next few weeks. 


MONDAY 10TH JANUARY 2011 - POST PRODUCTION
3.53pm
We need to be close to locking the edit on Love Like Hers - my editor is flying away to LA for a few months. We've got about a week to fine tune the edit, and near enough lock it. 

Mark (editor) will be sending me all the various elements from his edit (done on the Avid) so that I can make any changes is required (on FCP). 

That means, I really need to get a move on with putting everything in place for the next phase of post. The sound design, converting some of the high res footage to DPX files for my CGI guy, music soundtrack, moving from offline to online, grading and delivery of master on hard drive. So much to do - if I'm not careful this could incur LOTS of extra costs. Will be hitting the phones and email hard.  

WEDNESDAY 5TH JANUARY 2011 - FIRST EDIT OF LOVE LIKE HERS
1.55am
Another hurdle was cleared yesterday, the first proper edit of my short film Love Like Hers. Mark Talbot-Butler (editor) sent over the 2.5GB .mov file earlier. I immediately burnt it onto a DVD and watched on the big screen. Several times. There's still a bit of work to be done, but I have to say - I like what I see!

Flickr - projectbrainsaver

www.flickr.com
projectbrainsaver's A Point of View photoset projectbrainsaver's A Point of View photoset