Monday 13 June 2011

Sanaa Dafani « Memini

Sanaa Dafani

Sanaa Dafani, 18, Italy.

Sanaa Dafani, of Pordenone, Italy, was 18, worked in a pizzeria, wore jeans and dated a man. Her boyfriend, Massimo De Biasio, was an Italian man in his early thirties. Sanaa wanted to live with hime. Her father, El Ketaoui Dafani, who had immigrated from Morocco, did not want his daughter to lead a Western lifestyle.

Enraged at his daughter’s actions, Mr. Dafani blocked a car in which Sanaa and her boyfriend were sitting, stabbed his daughter’s throat with a kitchen knife, and injured Mr. Biasio when he tried to defend her.

El Ketaoui Dafani is on trial for the murder of his daughter; the sentence is yet unknown, but the prosecution is attempting to secure the maximum penalty available.

 



Share this story Facebook,


Messages in “Sanaa Dafani”

  1. christianne hilgenberg says:

    Dear Angel Sanaa ~ you did not deserve to be murdered and more NOT BY YOUR FATHER ..there is never ever an excuse for murdering your child as an honor killing .. may his eyes and heart be opened to his horrific mistake .. many tears shed for you, Sanaa.. may your boyfriend find peace in this throughout his remaining days .. may your Mother pray for you everyday … and your brother know peace without his sister ~

  2. Angeline McKay says:

    I’m so sorry for your loss.

    These are the stories that make me hurt so much! I can’t imagine a reason a father would ever want to hurt their child… and yet I think that is what goes on all the time over there.. is that right? I live in Canada, and I am leaving an abusive relationship myself (as soon as I can). I have friends helping me.

    I know that the man I’m with wouldn’t kill his daughter though. As bad as our relationship is.. mental and verbal. And I believe it’s because the culture we live in protects us from that to a certain extent. Why isn’t this guy executed?!!!

    I sense that your whole culture is different from mine(where you live and how things work within realtionships)and that they are so horrible to women. Here in Canada we have more choices.. but believe me it is still VERY difficult to get away from an abusive man. It’s been 13 years for me and my 4 children,and I am hoping just this month that we have finally found a way out!

    I wish I could help YOU in some way!!

    Prayers are with you and her family.

Leave a Dedication

Flickr - projectbrainsaver

www.flickr.com
projectbrainsaver's A Point of View photoset projectbrainsaver's A Point of View photoset