Saturday 20 November 2010

Talking Teenage - Hot Topics - Did I Say That?

As parents of teens, you not only want what's best for your children but you also want to think the best of them. Here are some statements that parents hoped were true but eventually wished that they hadn't said. See if you can relate to any of them.

!. My kid would never have a party while we're away.

2. Alcohol? Nope! My sister was an alcoholic. My daughter knows about the problems related to drinking.

3. Of course, my daughter is not sexually active.

4. My child would never gossip.

5. I wish that my son would be more like my neighbor's son.

6. Sexting?! Not my kid.

7. No, he would never try marijuana. He's the captain of the soccer team.

8. Of course, his grades will be good.

9. If he wasn't friends with ____, he would never have done that.

10. She knows not to connect with strangers on the internet.

11. She would never post inappropriate pictures on Facebook.

12. My son would never cut class. The teacher must have made an error.

13. He would never lie.

14. My daughter would never stay at a party where there was alcohol.

15. My son would never smoke cigarettes. He's the one who encouraged me to quit smoking.

16. Speak rudely to a teacher? Not my son.

17. My daughter would never get a tattoo or piercing without my permission.

18. Of course, she wants to go to college.

19. Texting while driving-my kid knows better!

20. Military? My son does not want to join the military.

CAN YOU THINK OF SOME MORE? IF SO, SEND THEM OUR WAY!

 

 

 

(-:

Flickr - projectbrainsaver

www.flickr.com
projectbrainsaver's A Point of View photoset projectbrainsaver's A Point of View photoset